Home >> Work with us >> Volunteers
Fundraising Coordinator (Volunteer Position)
The National Alliance for Human Rights and Social Justice- Nepal (Human Rights Alliance) is a coalition of Nepali human rights organizations dedicated to a cause of freedom, human rights, social justice and peace in Nepal. It has more than 1500 member organizations all over the Nepal. HR Alliance undertakes human rights (HR) and social justice actions and has actively involved in advocacy, lobbying and campaigning for the protection and promotion of human rights in Nepal.
HR Alliance is seeking energetic, qualified and dynamic candidates for the Fundraising Coordinator (volunteer) position for its central office in Kathmandu, Nepal.
Position: Fundraising Coordinator (Volunteer Position)
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
The candidate should have a proven track record and sound knowledge of peace, conflict, human rights and social justice issues with excellent interpersonal communication, coordination, networking and fundraising skills in order to support Human Rights Alliance’s campaign on human rights and social justice. S/he needs to have the ability to learn and work independently with minimal supervision and guidance of the executive director.
General description of the post:
The Fundraising Coordinator will have unique opportunity to work with various national and international organizations in Kathmandu, Nepal. He/ She will work for raising funds for HR Alliance’s campaign for human rights and social justice in Nepal. The fundraiser must be able to use initiative and creative thinking in identifying new sources of funding, and will preferably have a fundraising background and knowledge of the way aid flows to developing countries.
After identifying funding sources, the fundraiser will assist in preparing funding applications, following donor guidelines utilizing a structured and methodical approach. An excellent of the English language (both spoken and written) is essential for this post. In the event of an application being successful, the fundraiser will develop and maintain contact with the donor, keeping them updated of developments, acting as an intermediary between the donors and the project implementers. Finally, the fundraiser will assist with the work of other divisions as necessary.
- Identify the new sources of funding for Human Rights Alliance campaigns.
- Prepare funding applications according to donor guidelines, and develop and maintain contact with potential donors.
- Develop and maintain a targeted approach to fundraising.
- Assist with the division’s other tasks as necessary.
- University degrees in law, political science, international relations, communication and languages are relevant.
• Demonstrable record of receiving funds from major donors.
• An all-round understanding of the interactive relations between international organizations.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Capacity to work well with minimal supervision.
• Personal confidence, ability to work with high level officials.
• Familiar with international donor community.
• Good organization and planning skills.
• Excellent English fluency essential, both written and spoken.
• Other foreign languages an added asset.
This position is unpaid.
Application Procedure: To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a cover letter and your resume with 3 professional supervisory references to: – firstname.lastname@example.org . The email subject line should include the following: Fundraising Coordinator (Volunteer Position)